Benjolin – GORGA (Tribute to Rob Hordijk)
Benjolin – Gorga is a redesign of Rob Hordijk’s Benjolin. It’s a 3U 18hp Eurorack module (128.5 x 80.9 mm).
As I was taking care of my wife at the hospital, I decided to redesign Forestcaver’s Benjolin v1.6 As I was finishing this, Rob Hordijk passed away and I would like to dedicate this to him. I’m also very grateful to PCBway for supporting the PCB production. The result came in a great quality especially the mate black panel with ENIG finishing.
The board come with several changes, which is:
- 1206 components instead of 0603 which allows a much friendlier hand soldering
- DIP package for SSM2164 as in Indonesia it’s pretty hard to find SMD components
- Gorga Graphics for Panel (Panel size is still as eurorack standard so no efficient cost production can be made)
- 100mm x 78mm circuit board redesign which allows a much cheaper PCB production.
- Optionable switch footprints, as the small switch is quite difficult to find in Indonesia
- Rearranged the layout a bit so all the knobs is on the right side
- Circuit PCB in size of 100 x 78 mm, significantly reduce the cost of printing. PCB printing companies such as PCB way have $5 for 10 pcs offer if the pcb is bellow 100mm sizes.
- The panel design is enhanced with #Batak‘s #Gorga (Indonesian tribe from Sumatra) drawings
All source of the design can be found in my Github: https://github.com/squaresolid